MLEditor Standard Edition 2.2
MLEditor Standard Edition - MLEditor (Multi-Language Editor) is a handy but still professional multi-language text editor. It provides professional features that could be of great help for language/localization experts and general computer users:
1. Read and edit ANSI text/text files in all languages supported by Microsoft Windows, such as Chinese (GBK and Big5), Japanese, Korean, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew, Thai, Turkish.... Intelligent techniques are involved in helping read/edit text/text files in multiple languages.
2. Clipboard-based conversions between ANSI (in any languages)/Unicode/Unicode BE/UTF-8), fluent conversions between Unicode and ANSI in current source/destination text/languages.
3. Professional-quality conversions between Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese in the forms of clipboard conversion, edit area conversion and file/web page and site conversions between GBK and Big5.
4. Professional-quality English case conversions between all upper, all lower, caption and sentence styles. Proper nouns and words that should not be capitalized are considered during case conversions
5. Professional character count, word count, line count and paragraph count for text file(s), independent or in a folder, in English, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
6. Dual-editing-area control editing.
7. Handy text file preview - open and preview any text files from Windows Explorer simply with a context menu command.
8. Mature find/replace and the featured Batch Replace which supports unlimited rounds of replaces in one click. Regular expressions are supported.
9. Glossary management - line sorting, redundant line handling, and glossary entry mergence, split and swap. The word adjustment systems itself is an advanced phrase management system.
10. Desktop sticky note and much more - you can easily manage the appearance of MLEditor, and set it as a sticky note, text verifier, or notepad, or a fully-equipped editor...by the feature of profile management.
List of Changes:
Version 2.2 from 2012-02-09Show all changes
Version 2.1 from 2011-09-07
Added Cut, Copy and Paste to the Batch Replace dialog box; other improvements.
Version 2.0 from 2011-08-22
Find/Replace and Batch Replace now support standard regular expressions; Batch Replace further supports multi-select operations and context menu; other improvements.
Version 1.8.1 from 2010-12-15
File/Folder Character/Word Count: fixed the tip error for the "Count It" button; fixed the bug that some counting history records could not be kept.
Version 1.8 from 2010-03-25
Support for non-admin user accounts; enhanced file/folder character/word count; added Batch Replace to Edit menu; installation improvement; enhanced support for Windows Vista/7; other improvements.
Version 1.7 RC2 from 2009-03-02
Major update on Professional English Case Conversion - proper nouns libraries were expanded to 3 system + 3 custom libraries, in-depth expansion of entries and internal rules to make this system highly intelligent; A lot of other improvements.
Version 1.7 RC1 from 2009-02-27
Major update on Professional English Case Conversion - proper nouns libraries were expanded to 3 system + 3 custom libraries, in-depth expansion of entries and internal rules to make this system highly intelligent; many other improvements.
Version 1.6.1 from 2008-02-29
Professional English Case Conversion: Fixed the bug that sometimes this function crashes on some system when adding a new proper noun.
Latest User Reviews:
Wiggles48 2008-02-27 10:34:32 #
Not as I saw the Net entry
I was looking for a programme to allow me to fill in PDF files, I found a reference to MLEditor but when I down loaded and installed it would not run and the web page it wanted me to visit to upgrade was defunct, I searched for the programme and this is the one I downloaded and tested either it was too complicted to understand how it worked as I was unable to load a PDF or somehow I got it wrong and downloaded the wrong prorgramme, either way if it does read PDF's its to hard to make work. if it does not then I did not test its other functions as I have now remover it